Graphic designing is one of those things that almost seems to have a literal never-ending stream of potential. Year after year, the number of trends that come and go is truly remarkable. In that wasn’t enough, there is also the fact of you being able to incorporate as many number of trends into your repertoire as per your preference. This could be the case with a branding company as well as a multinational company.
There are a larger variety of trends such as typography trends, packaging trends and even layouts. However the year 2017 is when we see a return to return to the organic roots and the natural aspect as well. Basically, this implies that the year of 2017 will be all about freshness, environmentalism and new beginnings.
On that very note, let’s take a close look at some of the top graphic design trends this year:
- Brighter and louder colours: From the domination of light and neutral colours in the past, now is the time for vibrant and bold colours to be at the forefront of graphic design trends. Having started earlier in 2016 itself, one can expect this trend to really pick up by the end of this year.
- Bold Typography: This is the perfect trend to counter the scenario of content saturation, but also the dwindling attention span of all readers across the globe as a result. Big and daring fonts are the main guaranteed way to capture people’s attention.
- Hand-drawn icons and graphics: This is directly linked to the need for more authentic and genuine images. Brands that specifically work towards setting themselves apart from the rest of the pack have already embraced this trend with open arms. Additionally, it also adds a personal as well as fun element to your design and work as well.Even though a great many people tend to look down upon this particular trend, seeing it as childish and unprofessional, this trend will most certainly appeal to everyone. This particular aspect does makes the ability to stand out, much easier.
- Pattern and geometric shapes: This having started in 2016, not only simplified visuals, but also enhanced and improved the overall user experience. More nature-inspired patterns are bound to be seen.
- Colour transitions: Being one of the biggest design trends at the present moment, one really doesn’t have to look very far to see that this trend is literally everywhere. Right from buttons, to picture overlays to logos as well. Since some of the big brands have already utilised this trend in their logos, one can expect many more companies to follow suit.
Out of all the aspects of this year’s trends, one thing is for sure. The overtly clean, white and excessively perfect aesthetic that have been pushed by the tech industry titans for so many years now, is being rebelled against. Suffice to say that now, people want something new along with a whole new approach to design.
Then again, certain other tech companies like Google, Spotify and Apple will be at the forefront of this new wave of innovative, beautiful and intense design trends. Once they happen to be done with testing the new bunch of ideas, they will be all set to launch the ones that work best in today’s scenario. So, to all you budding graphic designers out there, analysing these trends thoroughly and applying them as per your convenience and preference, are all you need to take on some brand new design challenges that will help you stay ahead of your competitors.