Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has come a long way from the old days when link building was a quick and effortless process. The old thinking also had it that is low domain authority doesn’t offer value; that Google will penalize you for getting links too fast and the thinking that links from online directories are irrelevant. The changes Google has implemented in its search algorithm for ranking sites has seen an unprecedented shift from high volume links to emphasizing quality links. Some of the changes that have transformed the future of link building, according to Atomic Blog include the introduction of tools such as Penguin Update, Webspam Update, Hummingbird and Mobile Update.
The release of Webspam in 2012 affected 3% of all English queries. The changes saw a massive downgrade of low quality backlinks and those created through manipulative methods. The release of Hummingbird in 2013 brought sanity by introducing accurate, quick search results. Google again shook the Local SEO market in 2014 by introducing the Pigeon Update. In July 2015, Google released Mobile Update, which made mobile friendliness a key ranking component. Any well meaning SEO strategy must appreciate how interconnected SEO and content are in the whole online marketing set up, in order to appreciate the impact of SEO on search results.
Since there are many SEO agencies and tools in the market, making the right decision can be challenging. The predominant parameter for choosing a good SEO Agency Sydney, is selecting an entity that fits your budget and needs. It is also important to check the type of clients the agency serves to determine if you are getting the best value for your money. Good SEO agencies in Sydney offer an array of services, including creative content, social media marketing, strategic consulting, web development and SEO (local and technical) and PPC (content and analytics) among other service. Here are 7 effective link building techniques that will help you grow in 2017 according Atomic Blog and Gotch SEO:
- Perform link reclamation – getting sites to promote your products or service is a great online marketing strategy. You can reach out to sites such as Mention and BuzzSumo to can help you find resources that mention your product or service.
- Consider blogger reviews – if you are in the business of selling, one of the best strategies of getting relevant leads and adding authority to your site is inviting blogger reviews to talk about your product or service. However, the blogger needs to be an expert in your niche market.
- Create scholarship campaigns and build educational resources – backlinks from authoritative sources like universities and research centers are highly valued by Google, Bing and other search engines. If you want academic institutions to treat your site as a good resource, you need to make your content valuable. You can do this by building attractive scholarship campaigns. The other strategy is adding compelling educational materials to your site to catch the attention of students and faculties. This can be done expressively, using educational infographics or videos.
- Write guest posts – adding resourceful guest post is increasingly becoming one of the most preferred methods of building relationships, increasing web traffic and getting valuable links to your site.
- Find and fix redirect chains – you can easily boost your site’s authority by redirecting chains because the strategy sends an authority directly to the page. This is a more plausible move compared to making the link equity to SEO using a buffer. Redirect chains can be identified using advanced tools such as that offered by Screaming Frog SEO Spider.
- Fix broken external links – performing site auditing to identify and mend broken external links in your content is crucial because broken links are notorious at leaking the authority of websites. Some of the tools that you can help you find broken links include Google Search Console, Siteliner and Screaming Frog.
- Create quality links by distributing your anchor text intelligently – this is an important, forward looking SEO strategy because reckless distribution of the Backlink anchor can hurt you by making it difficult for search engines to rank your site. Since making this mistake can also attract a penalty, it is always a wise decision to keep your same matching anchor text lower than 1 percent and ensure most of them are branded.
The other technique to look forward to come when building links is securing social media properties from sites such as Goggle and LinkedIn (Personal and Business), Facebook and Instagram. On the overall, it is important to note that building links in 2017 will not be a walk in the park, primarily because SEO keeps evolving with changing market needs. As you ponder about your new online marketing strategies remember web traffic will continue to be driven by creative outreach campaigns and valuable digital assets.