If you are a web designer that works as an Independent Contractor, tax filing can be complicated and time consuming. You will want to get it done as quickly as possible and get back to work, but will not want to leave money on the table, by missing deductions. Rather than hiring an expensive certified tax preparer, you can use TurboTax online.
Here are 10 reason that it may be the perfect solution for you.
- The interface is intuitive and walks you through a series of questions to fill in the boxes on the tax forms, search for deductions and does all the math for you.
- If you have question, there is a built in chat interface with a tax professional on the end of the line.
- If you work from home, it will show you many deductions related to having a home office.
- If you have children, dependents or care for an elderly parent at home, the system will let you know which deductions you are entitled to take, such as child and dependent care deductions, earned income tax credits, and child tax credits.
- Your results are guaranteed to be accurate. By filing with their service you are less likely to be audited. If you are an the IRS finds any errors that are their fault, they promise to pay any fees or fines. Don’t count on errors though, because they test and debug the system and make sure everything meets the current tax code.
- Tax situations like investment income or losses or rental properties are covered under one of several of TurboTax service levels.
- If you travel for work you will qualify for many extra deductions that will be explained to you, so that you can recoup your expenses.
- If you have subcontractors that you have paid during the year, you can use the program to claim them and print out 1099 forms for their tax process.
- If you own your home, TurboTax will find many write-offs that you may not realize can get you a bigger refund.
- You can file online and get a receipt, which proves when you filed.
- You can save even more money with Groupon Coupon discounts on the TurboTax Service.
The IRS deadline is coming soon. Get started on your return today.